All-Clear At Vista Academy

(TECUMSEH, ON) – The all-clear has been given at Vista Academy after this morning’s report of a natural gas leak at the school.

First responders and Union Gas crews discovered the cause of the leak to be a roof mounted unit and have completed repairs.

High school students were evacuated from the building upon the alarm and were transported to St Peter school due to the cold temperatures. Elementary students were held on their buses upon arrival for classes.

Tecumseh Fire and Rescue is reporting that there were no injuries during the incident.

Click for the latest news

About the Author

Ian Shalapata
Ian Shalapata
Ian Shalapata is the owner and publisher of Square Media Group. He covers politics, the police beat, community events, the arts, sports, and everything in between. His imagery and freelance contributions have appeared in select publications and for organizations in Canada and the United States. Contact Ian with story ideas.

Be the first to comment on "All-Clear At Vista Academy"

Join the discussion