Industrial Incident Poisons Two Workers

By Rich Kwon

(CHATHAM-KENT, ON) – In the afternoon of July 9, Chatham-Kent Police were called to a business on Richmond Street, along with fire personnel and EMS, for an unconscious man and possible dangerous work conditions.

Two employees began feeling nauseous as a result of a propane powered forklift being operated in the work area. One of the men vomited and then fell to the floor and became unresponsive.

His co-worker was unable to wake him and called 911.

The workplace was evacuated and an air test was conducted, finding levels of hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide, which caused the workers’ illness.

The two men were transported to hospital for observation and treated for the poisoning. The businesses in the area were evacuated and the scene was held for the Ministry of Labour to investigate further.

Stock up on stamps at Canada Post with Stamp Coils! Get your stamps today - Click here!

About the Author

Ian Shalapata
Ian writes for and provides imagery to Square Media Group as well as accepting freelance photographic assignments. In addition, he has contributed to media organizations, sporting groups, and individuals across North America including the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel, Chatham-Kent Sports Network, the Golf Association of Michigan, League 1 Ontario, as well as numerous colleges and universities in Canada and the United States. Email Ian Shalapata
%d bloggers like this: