Garbage trucks will pick up trash and recyclables only on Thursday every week between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM. The scheduled 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM same-day collection occasionally happens with prior notice to homeowners. The following are considered to ensure safety and cleanliness:
- Trashes should be out between 5:30 and 6:00 AM
- Trashes must be segregated from biodegradable, non-biodegradable, and recyclables.
- Trashes should be tied properly
- Bulk trashes happened only 6 times a year; prior notice is disseminated before the given date
- Garbage Cans should be closed properly
Three water irrigations are distributed in Windsor Square. One of these irrigations have been operating for the past 70 years, and daily maintenance is conducted to ensure safety. The largest water irrigation is near the Detroit River which accounts for more than a quarter of the total homes of Windsor Square.
The third water irrigation comes from the water district which supplies water from the north area of Windsor Square going to the downtown area Ouellette Avenue.
Windsor Square water irrigations have been known for their compliant and strict maintenance of their water equipment to ensure the homeowner’s safety. The government of Canada has also applauded their strict compliance. Due to their standards, they have received no complaints and no water shortages over the past years.