Mankind are not now to be told they shall not think, or they shall not read; and publications that go no farther than to investigate principles of government, to invite men to reason and to reflect, and to show the errors and excellences of different systems, have a right to appear. – Thomas Paine, The Rights Of Man
The locally owned Square is Windsor’s No. 1 online news portal for discerning readers who want in depth information, researched and fact-based opinion, all the arts and entertainment, and full coverage of the local sporting scene. More than just a scant couple of lines, The Square provides all the details that traditional media sources can’t, or won’t, provide.
On many occasions, The Square has revealed stories that would have remained unreported otherwise. We have been the only trusted source of news, information, and opinion since 2009. We don’t wait for others to talk about a story before reporting on it.
The Square is known for, and has built its reputation on, opinions. Everyone has one and our opinion writers are what keep our readers returning. All our opinion pieces are factually based and honestly presented. Agree or disagree with us, there is room for all at The Square.
Recently, we have been in expansion mode. The Square has doubled the local sports coverage to include everything from secondary school to pro leagues. Whether is it Windsor Express basketball, Windsor TFC soccer, Windsor Clippers lacrosse, or SWOSSA or OFSSA high school competitions, The Square is there for all the highs and the lows.
We also bring you the Windsor Lancers and St Clair Saints athletic programs for most OUA and OCAA sports. Local stars of tomorrow often get their starts at the university or college level. Many international and Olympic greats have competed right here in our own backyard.
Also part of our expansion, The Square has started Review Magazine, a comprehensive arts and entertainment guide to local events, venues, restaurants, productions, and music. From new dining opportunities to vintage wine, from feature festivals to first run movies, The Square’s Review Magazine will let you know the good and the bad from the stage, screen, or page.
Contacts at The Square
- Editor-in-chief: Ian Shalapata
- City Editor:
- Sports Editor: Kim Elliott
- Sports: Devan Mighton
- Photo Editor: John Skinner
- Lifestyle Editor: Robert Stephen
Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the editor encourage debate and commentary on topical issues. They will be published online.
- Letters should be fewer than 200 words and are subject to editing for clarity.
- Letters must include your street address and telephone number and are sent to The Square with the intent of publication. Do not use the Letters form for general correspondence.
- The Square reserves the right to refuse to publish any material.
Are you looking to connect your brand to over 200,000 pageviews monthly? The Square’s compelling news and trusted content attracts a loyal, upscale, and cross-border audience. This offers advertisers an exceptional opportunity to connect to our unique readers otherwise unreachable and for a fraction of the cost of the traditional media outlets and other online publishers.
The Square is an online news and opinion portal featuring regular political commentary and analysis of the happenings in southwestern Ontario and southeastern Michigan. The Square provides insightful news perspectives, in depth analysis, and solid background for people who want more than what the conventional news sources provide. We can match our audience to your product or services in the most cost effective way.
Tap into the reach and coverage The Square can offer. Drive trafic to your website. Contact our Sales Manager for more information today and start getting extra for your advertising dollar.
ON-LINE PROMOTIONAL SPECS
- Leaderboard: 728 x 90 pixels, Site-wide exclusive ad space
- Mast-Head Banner: 468 x 60 pixels, Site-wide exclusive ad space
- Right Column: 120 x 600 pixels, Front page or Inside pages
- Middle Column: 300 x 400 pixels, Front page or Inside pages
- Middle Column: 300 x 250 pixels, Front page or Inside pages
- Middle Column: 300 x 100 pixels, Front page or Inside pages
- Footer: 728 x 90 pixels, Site-wide exclusive ad space
- Article In-line ads: 300 x 250 pixels
Send by email
- Facebook – 1,627
- Twitter – 2,556
Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly
gif or jpg including HTML links
- Male: 69%
- Female: 40%
- 36-45: 19%
- 46+: 62%
- College Graduate: 6%
- Bachelor Degree: 22%
- Masters Degree: 5%
- Professional: 11%
- 40-50K: 7%
- 50-70K: 17%
- 70-100K: 12%
- 100-150K: 30%
- Employed: 60%
- Self-Employed: 20%
- Out of work: 3%
- Retired: 13%