Tecumseh Vista Evacuated Due To Smell Of Gas – UPDATE

(TECUMSEH, ON) – Tecumseh Fire is reporting that students at Tecumseh Vista Academy have been evacuated due to a natural gas leak. Secondary school students have vacated the building while arriving elementary students will be held on their busses until the situation has been rectified.

Crews have found the cause to be a gas line on the roof that supplies a roof top appliance unit.

Union Gas is on site.

Due to the cold temperatures, the plan is to transport the high school students to St Peter school until the all-clear has been sounded.

Click for the latest news

About the Author

Ian Shalapata
Ian Shalapata
Ian Shalapata is the owner and publisher of Square Media Group. He covers politics, the police beat, community events, the arts, sports, and everything in between. His imagery and freelance contributions have appeared in select publications and for organizations in Canada and the United States. Contact Ian with story ideas.

Be the first to comment on "Tecumseh Vista Evacuated Due To Smell Of Gas – UPDATE"

Join the discussion