Morning Fire At Kildare House

Wyandotte Street East, between Devonshire Road and Chilver Road, was closed to traffic on the morning of 9 April 2018, due to a fire response at the Kildare House.Photo by Ian Shalapata.

Wyandotte Street East, between Devonshire Road and Chilver Road, was closed to traffic on the morning of 9 April 2018, due to a fire response at the Kildare House.
Photo by Ian Shalapata.

(WINDSOR, ON) – The cause of an early morning fire at the Kildare House is a good reminder for home owners.

Four units from Windsor Fire and Rescue were called to the Walkerville hot spot this morning around 8am when employees reported a dryer vent fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with minimal damage, but the smoke smell is the main issue to be dealt with now.

Over 15,000 vent fires occur in homes yearly. Lint, which builds up in the vent, can reduce air flow and cause exhaust gases to back up into the dryer. Regularly cleaning the vent can help to reduce the risk of fire.

Windsor firefighters responded to a report of a vent fire at the Kildare House in Walkerville during the early morning of 9 April 2018.Photo by Ian Shalapata.

Windsor firefighters responded to a report of a vent fire at the Kildare House in Walkerville during the early morning of 9 April 2018.
Photo by Ian Shalapata.

Click for the latest news

About the Author

Ian Shalapata
Ian Shalapata is the owner and publisher of Square Media Group. He covers politics, the police beat, community events, the arts, sports, and everything in between. His imagery and freelance contributions have appeared in select publications and for organizations in Canada and the United States. Contact Ian with story ideas.