(ESSEX, ON) – The municipal clerks in Essex County are inviting anyone interested in potentially running as a municipal candidate in this year October elections, or even those who simply would like more information, to join them at a free candidate information session on Thursday, April 26, at 7pm.
“We are pleased to present this free information session, in partnership with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs,” said Mary Birch, the director of community and council services and the clerk for the County of Essex. “We encourage residents to come out, ask questions, and learn more about becoming civically engaged.”
- The role of local and County council
- The role of municipal staff
- The role of School Board trustees
- Nominations and the eligibility to run
- Candidate and third party advertiser rules and duties
- General campaign rules and election finances
- Compliance audits and penalties
- Testimonials of being an elected official
The information session will feature speakers from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs, and a senior municipal leader with both political and administrative experience. More information is available by visiting online or by contacting the County of Essex by email.