Home Saved From Spreading Fire

(CEDAR SPRINGS, ON) – Fire crews from Blenheim and Raleigh South stations were called to an early morning fire west of Cedar Springs yesterday. A fire had engulfed the garage at 8239 Talbot Trail and was spreading toward the home when firefighters arrived on scene just after 4:40am.

Personnel from Station No. 18 in Blenheim responded to the call and quickly called for support from Station No. 16. The fire was in the process of moving from the detached garage and was threatening the deck of the home.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames with damage to the $370,000 property limited to $70,000. The cause of the fire was due to electrical wiring.

Stock up on stamps at Canada Post with Stamp Coils! Get your stamps today - Click here!

Click for the latest news

About the Author

Ian Shalapata

Ian Shalapata is the owner and publisher of Square Media Group. He covers politics, the police beat, community events, the arts, sports, and everything in between.

His imagery and freelance contributions have appeared in select publications and for organizations in Canada and the United States.

Contact Ian with story ideas.

%d bloggers like this: