By Stephanie Perta
(WINDSOR, ON) – On Wednesday, April 15, 2015, United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County hosted the 2015 Volunteers Changing Lives Awards.
Seven awards were presented. As well, two senior United Way volunteers were honoured for their years of service to the community through United Way.
“We’re so pleased to recognize these incredible people and hear their stories each year at the Volunteers Changing Lives Awards,” said United Way CEO Lorraine Goddard. “Volunteers are the heart of our community, selflessly giving of their time in a very special way, and making a difference in our community.
Awards were presented to:
- Russ Anderson (Changing Lives By Supporting Basic Needs and Independence)
- Tamye Machina (Changing Lives By Positioning Kids and Families For Success)
- Bob Cameron (Changing Lives By Creating Thriving Neighbourhoods)
- Michele and Christian D’Agnillo (Youth Changing Lives)
- Neil Van Velzen (Retirees Changing Lives)
- RBC Royal Bank (Changing Lives Through The Workplace)
- Mike Beale (Civic Beautification Award)
Special recognition awards were also presented to the following United Way volunteers:
- Kyle Kootstra
- William Willis