(WINDSOR, ON) – The American Music Awards were hosted by artist/actor Jennifer Lopez, and her array of fashion choices were varied and showcased the fashion eras from the 1950s to 80s quite well.
We saw a lot of the ever so popular sheer, which didn’t leave much to the imagination. A regal mustard yellow dress with an peek-a-boo sleeve was a surprise for her crowd. The dress had a 1950s flare.
There was a bit of backlash regarding Jenny from the Block pushing the envelope and showing almost everything in a nude, tight, sheer jumpsuit, however this was no surprise as the artist is known for her shock and awe jaw-dropping outfits.
No one can argue she has been gifted with the natural body to showcase her best physical features.
Fashion fail hands down alert. Multi-platinum artist Justin Bieber.
Most watchers thought that he would probably perform in different attire, but buzz kill nope. He stayed in the same outfit he arrive in.
Well, the jury is still out on what event Justin thought he was attending, however, his look is categorized in the urban style. No one, though, can deny that his performance was a slam dunk, no joke. The crowd was singing, dancing, and loving three of his popular hit songs from the album What do you mean?.
The true crowd pleaser of the night, according to the response of the lively audience, who were singing and dancing along, was Nick Jonas with a solo performance which included him playing not one but two instruments on stage. To add icing to the well-baked cake was an amazing choir to support Jonas’ performance of his hit Jealous.
- New Artist of the Year, Sam Hunt
- Collaboration of the Year, Skrillex and Diplo featuring Bieber: Where are you now?
- Male Artist: Pop/ Rock, Ed Sheeran
- Female Artist: Pop/ Rock, Ariana Grande
- Pop Rock Album, Taylor Swift, 1989
- Duo/ Group: Pop Rock, One Direction
- Artist EDM, Calvin Harris
- Female Country Artist, Carrie Underwood
- Male Country Artist, Luke Brian
- Country Duo/Group, Florida Georgia Line
- Country Album, Anything Goes by Florida Georgia Line
- Artist: Soul/R&B, Rihanna
- Soul R&B Album, Beauty Behind The Madness by The Weekend
- Artist: Rap/Hip Hop, Nicki Minaj
- Soundtrack, Pitch Perfect 2
- Artist Alternative/Rock, Fall Out Boy
- Artist Latin, Enrique Iglesias
- Artist Contemporary Inspirational, Casting Crown
The evening was wrapped up with an emotional performance sung in the French by Celine Dion, whose performance showcased recovery pictures of the recent Paris attack. The star was dressed in long, traditionally cut strapless floor length dress with bottom floral detail.
The evening then closed with a performance by Bieber.