(TORONTO, ON) – The Ontario government is helping Magna International and Magna E-Car develop the next generation of clean vehicle technologies creating 728 jobs and protecting another 1,337 jobs at Magna’s Aurora, Brampton, Concord and St. Thomas plants.
With the government’s support, the company is launching a number of new projects, including:
- electric car concept development;
- parts for hybrid electric/battery electric vehicles;
- advanced lightweight metallic components;
- an alternate energy project; and,
- advanced bio-based composite materials to reduce vehicle weight and improve fuel efficiency.
Partnering with businesses is a key component of the McGuinty government’s plan to strengthen the economy and to create jobs for families.